Overview Page Slider Data List
The promise and potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to disrupt and transform society is driving the new Industrial Revolution. AI tools and technologies are
- Enabling breakthroughs in many fields of science and engineering;
- Leveraging these scientific breakthroughs to enable progress on pressing societal challenges;
- Fundamentally transforming several sectors of the economy.
The United States and India are making important strides in advancing AI, prioritizing public and private research and development (R&D) investments, addressing the critical challenge of developing a diverse AI workforce, and highlighting the importance of partnerships.
U.S. – India Artificial Intelligence Partnership (USIAI)
USIAI provides a unique opportunity for the world's two largest democracies to strengthen their strategic partnership by focusing on AI cooperation in critical areas that are priorities for both countries.
The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) is uniquely positioned to proactively engage the S&T communities by identifying "leading edge areas" like AI that are high-priority for both nations, bringing together key stakeholders to help create synergies, and supporting workshops/ networking opportunities to initiate new collaborations.
Why U.S. – INDIA AI
- Aligns with the shared values of openness, transparency, and reciprocity and encourages innovation that will benefit both countries.
- Builds on a strong foundation of S&T cooperation.
- Leverages the complementary strengths of the S&T communities.
- Engages the large Indian diaspora in the United States and leverages investments by leading U.S. Tech companies in India.
(1) Strengthen the US-India strategic partnership by focusing on AI cooperation in critical areas that are priorities for both countries.
(2) Build on key priorities, recommendations, and common challenges articulated in the Strategic Plans developed by the United States and India.
(3) Provide a platform for key Stakeholders to:
- Identify opportunities for bilateral AI R&D collaboration
- Share ideas for developing an AI Workforce;
- Recommend modes and mechanisms for catalyzing partnerships.
- White papers that identify technical, research, infrastructure, and workforce opportunities and challenges, and domain specific opportunities for research and development in healthcare, smart cities, materials, agriculture, energy, and manufacturing.
- A final synthesis report that highlights emerging AI research and development areas for Indo-U.S. collaboration, including strategic applications of AI that address real-world opportunities for education and training of the AI workforce and public outreach, collaborations to develop shared research and data infrastructure, and recommendations for potential mechanisms/models to facilitate these partnerships.
- An online repository to serve as a hub for disseminating U.S.-India specific information on the USIAI roundtables and workshops, funding opportunities, AI-related educational content, and data resources.